EDM C. Lazar (6) (K. Lowe) 3:43
|M.J B. Point (4) 8:44|
|EDM M. St. Croix (6) (T. Foster, D. Wruck) 12:12 (PP)|
|EDM T. Ewanyk (2) (M. Moroz, K. Wilson) 17:16|
2. EDM M. St. Croix (7) (D. Wruck, T. Foster) 11:43 (PP)
|2. EDM M. St. Croix (8) (T. Foster, H. Samuelsson) 16:23 (PP)|
Daniel Wapple 28/33
Justin Paulic 2/2
Tristan Jarry 23/24
1. Brayden Point C - Brayden Point was the only forward that anything going on tonight. Scored the only Warriors goal with a nice fake and quick shot combo. At this stage, Point is tiny as many defensmen tower over him. But his shiftiness and his apt ability of finding open ice make him very dangerous in the offensive zone. Played center tonight but is likely better off on the wing, attacking from the edges. Point is starting to emerge as the go-to forward on the Warriors at such a young age. 2014 Draft eligible.
2. Morgan Rielly D - Rielly was very quiet tonight as the Oil Kings offensive pressure kept him defending for most of the night. Has a couple of dangerous rushes up the ice from the backend but ended up in weak shots toward the goal. Rielly needs space in order to be effective and the Oil Kings did a great job of crowding the ice around him all night. Had some issues with strength battles along the boards tonight.
1. Michael St. Croix RW - Michael St. Croix is the Oil Kings version of Ales Hemsky. When he is on, he looks all world. What seperates him from Hemsky is his ability and his timing in shooting the puck. Had a hat trick tonight, two of his goals on two superb one-time bullets from the high slot. St. Croix now has 99 career WHL goals, one away from being the first modern day Oil King to reach 100 goals. The matchups were right tonight for him to be effective, and he took full advantage.
2. Tristan Jarry G - Jarry wasn't particularly busy tonight but he didn't give up that softy that has been plaguing the Oil Kings through a recent losing streak. He stood tall in the third period as the Warriors outshot the Oil Kings 14-2 but Jarry didn't give them a sniff and kept the game 5-1. I'd expect Jarry to get a few more games as Laurent Brossoit has run hot and cold this season as the Oil Kings starting goaltender. Jarry has the athleticism to carry the ball, all he needs is an opportunity. I have little doubt he will become the Oil Kings starting goaltender in the near future, could be as soon as this year.