1. EVT J. Erricson, (4) (J. Birkholz, R. Petryk), 12:23
1. VAN B. Gallagher, (31) (N. Manning), 13:27
1. VAN N. Manning, (6) (J. Martinook), 16:37 (PP)
2. VAN C. Franson, (22) (T. Makin, J. Houck), 6:08
3. EVT R. Petryk, (11) (J. Erricson), 19:29
Goalies Everett GA Mins SH SVS PIM
32 Simpson, Kent 3 59:13 31 28 2
Goalies Vancouver GA Mins SH SVS PIM
1 Morrison, Adam 2 60:00 23 21 0
3 Players of Note:
1) Ryan Murray D Everett - This kid is silky smooth from the backend. Plays defense pretty effortlessly. Ability to go from defense to offense is sublime. Any team that picks Ryan Murray in this upcoming draft would be happy to have him. The most likely Dman in this years' draft to play in the NHL next year. Isssues I have with Murray this year is his play has plateaued. He doesn't have a lot to work with in Everett but hasn't helped heighten anyone's play either. He can log a lot of minutes because of his effortless game. Can he parlay enough offense while keeping the puck out of his own net to make him a Top 5 pick in the upcoming draft? I'm not sure I'd want to make the call on that. Teams picking in the 4-5 spot in this years' draft will likely have to. For the record, I'd still take Murray over Dumba, Rielly and Reinhart at this point.
2) Brendan Gallagher RW Vancouver - Gallagher is a sublime offensive player. Montreal used a 5th rounder on him two years ago and now he is likely the heir to the spot that was recently vacated by Mike Cammalleri in the not too distant future. He attacks off the wings with speed and has a lightning quick release. Gallagher just brings it on every shift. For a smaller stature player, he sure doesn't play small. A lot of courage in his game.
3) Neil Manning D Vancouver - Scatterbug type Dman with the Giants. Impressive puck moving ability either through passes or skating. Good decision making on the power play. Needs work on the defensive end. Tries hard, but isn't very big nor strong. Had a solid game tonight but does have his weaknesses without the puck.